June 13, 2005
To Whom it May Concern,
In regard to Claim Number: XXXXXXXX in Patient Account: XXXXXXXX. Here is the information requested on the claim form for the events which led to my Emergency Room visit on 5/11/05.
In regard to subrogation:
- Where did the accident occur? It was not technically an “accident” it was, rather a cat bite which occurred in our home, by our own cat (who had a broken leg and was being transported to the vet. The cat is a calm, tame, rather portly cat [topping the scales at a whopping 21 lbs.], but was in tremendous pain at the time and responded as animals [and some humans] do when in pain).
- Who was involved? Me, Christen, and the cat, Cooper.
- Who are the insurance carriers? Our insurance. That would be: ______ College, Group No: XXX, Division: XXX. (The cat has no insurance, obviously, as he is a cat).
- Were the police involved? Heavens, no.
- Do you or anyone involved have an attorney? I do not. I assume the cat does not as well, as he does not has opposable thumbs, and thus would not have been able to pick up a telephone and contact an attorney. However, cats are wily creatures and he has been looking at me strangely, of late.
I hope this clears up this unfortunate incident. Incidentally, both the cat and I are healing quite well, thank you.
The Contemplative Chaplain