Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween

Tonight the mistresses T. and B. were preparing to go to a Halloween party. As a parent, it is hard to cross the "we no longer trick or treat" hurdle. But I suppose 14 and 17 is as good a time as any. I'm still marveling that it was a same-sex party. How few are the ticking time bombs that we dodge as parents? I mean, really even if your child decides to dress as Snooki on Jersey Shore, who cares if she is sharing those long legs with only the girlfriends she sees in ballet every week? And, um, who loaned her the fishnet stockings?

In my defense, they were from a college production, and not at all utilitarian. And I saved them only because I thought I might use them again for a costume...and, well, B. did! Now, if only she could find a use for my old flannel nightgowns.

No comments: