Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Oh So Random...

You know...it's one of those random days. I like to call them Tuesday. Random Tuesday.

I promise you'll get more from me soon...but I've been busy, hell I didn't call Jim the Father for 3 whole days and that's unheard of in these parts...(by the way, have I plugged his website lately...http://willowgreen.com. How cool is he? I mean, really...look at those meditations?!?)

What else is random that I can share with my sweet blogosphere...


  • Anyone know of any good weekend rental condos or cottages for a group of amazing women who need a place to stay in the fall? The sisterhood is desperate...we're also procrastinators.
  • Have I told you my house is naked? I tore out her front bushes...or rather the nice folk from Treescape did. Now, I'm going to be a wild and crazy (read: boring) old lady who plants hostas and impatiens (did you know they're not called "impatients?" Not me...I thought one was Impatient growing them...how wrong am I?)
  • So after gettting emails from a few (two, select) students which said, "Dear Professor, you suck. I learned nothing in your class. I think feminist theology is stupid...." (from two students, who ironically have two of the lowest grades...and who said essentially "I wanted answers to religious questions and you just posed more questions...this ruined my G.P.A."), I had the wonderful affirmation of several students who contradicted the critique. Monday night, I met with multiple students as they talked about their final projects, one of whom wrote later, "This class has changed my worldview. Thank you." Ah....that's all I needed. I have to remember that there are folks who want answers, and when I pose questions in class it is especially disheartening, and thus there are the aforementioned critiques. Thank you, fundamentalist movement.
  • Ah, but the fertility quest continues...Big sigh. Big, big sigh. If God is all loving, than certainly God/ess is anxious for me to bring new life into his world...She's just taking so long...what's up with that?!?

Alright...over and out...R. and I have big plans tonight...mostly catching up on TV shows we've missed...Big Love, Sopranos, West Wing. Ah...that's blessing in itself...

No comments: